The worn-in look and soft feel of chambray is a major trend right now and the perfect look for spring! A denim shirt has a carefree warm weather feel to it and is just the right weight for unpredictable spring weather. Here are a few adorable plus size chambray shirts:
- Ralph Lauren Woman Chambray Pocket Shirt
- Land’s End Tie-neck Chambray Tunic – Combining style and comfort, this tunic is perfect with a pair of skinnies or tights.
- Sejour Chambray Shirt – This distressed chambray adds a touch of rock’n’roll to any outfit. Pair it with a floral skirt for a cool yet unexpected combination.
- Old Navy Chambray Shirt – This best seller from Old Navy got rave reviews though the fit will vary (and this is why we try things on). I have this shirt and find the bottom edges don’t lie flat – you can see it in the photo. It’s nothing a minute with an iron or a half tuck won’t fix.
Pairing the light blue with black or tan bottoms is an obvious but really not the best choice – giving the feel of a work shirt rather than the fashion forward item it really is. Instead, go for denim on denim! Here’s how to make it work:
- Mix and match the color and wash of the shirt and pants.
- Break it up with a contrasting belt especially brown leather, a colorful pattern, or beaded belt.
- Accessorize with a simple necklace or chunky gold watch.
The best jeans to wear with chambray are an ultra dark wash or white denim. Both can be paired with a light or dark chambray top. If the denim shirt isn’t your style, try an adorable chambray dress instead. Either way, chambray will become a wardrobe staple this summer.