There are so many reasons to love on-line shopping – the bargains, no parking, no crowds, the comfort of trying on clothes in your own home. Even better, for curvy girls, there are so many more options for extended sizes. Finally, you can get all the labels you desire, figure flattering cuts specially designed for you, and of course great prices. Here are our favorite stores that cater to full-figured women.
Trendy Plus Size Clothing
If you’re looking for the latest trends and affordable fashion, there are a few brands that provide clothes in a range of sizes.
- ASOS – The UK’s largest independent online fashion and beauty retailer, features both it’s own label as well as a range of brands. The ASOS curve line is designed for curvy girls with “super-cinched silhouettes”. The UK sizes range from 18-28, which is 14-22 in the United States.
- Fashion to Figure – One of the first stores to cater to the curvaceous, the founders Gram famously said, “You should never ask women to conform their figures to fashion, but rather bring fashion to the figure.” The brand continues the philosophy today with affordable, trendy, and comfortable clothes from size 12-26.
- Forever 21 – Everyone’s favorite fashion forward and budget conscious retailer, Forever 21 has got curvy girls covered. Get the latest jeans (like these acid wash) up to a 20, though some of the cuts run large.
Dresses for Work, Parties, Prom and Weddings
A girl’s got to dress up! There are always events (or moods) in need of something fancy – hot dates, the upcoming holidays, wedding season, and work/formal functions. Thank goodness for a range of plus-size dedicated stores that show off curves in all the right ways.
- eShakti – One of the reasons celebrities look better in clothes than the rest of is tailoring. Most pieces are either custom made or at least altered to fit perfectly. Thanks to eShakti, you can get the same star treatment. No more prêt-à-porter one shape fits all clothes for this curvy girl! eShakti starts with ultra feminine and flattering vintage-inspired patterns and customizes them just for you. Ever order is cut to order based on your height and measurements, up to a size 36 for petite to tall. Check out the fabulous Real Fashion for Real People section at the bottom that shows how attractive the true fit.
- IGIGI – This designer brand accentuates and celebrates curves from size 12-32. With an emphasis on evening, wedding, and casual dresses in addition to separates, this brand is perfect for professionals and fabulous ladies. Designed and made in San Francisco, take advantage of the ShapeStyler feature to get the perfect fit for your body shape. Look for a store near you or shop on-line.
- Kiyonna – Another sophisticated and stylish brand for curvy women, Kiyonna dresses and separates are perfect for the workplace or evenings out. If you love the lace covered look, this brand is for you! They also feature swimwear, shape wear, and wedding dresses. Find them in boutiques across the United States or shop on-line.
Who doesn’t love labels? There are more and more brand names are available in extended sizes. Here’s where to find them.
- Salon-Z – This collection from Saks features all the labels you love so you can enjoy plus size designer clothing. Notable brands include Michael Kors, James Jeans, and Eileen Fisher.
All Plus Size Clothes
For busy women, shopping has to get streamlined. There are a few fabulous websites that offer a wide range of brands and every item of clothing you want in one place.
Sonsi – A multi-brand retailer associated with long time plus size favorite Lane Bryant, the boutique features some of the brands mentioned above and other favorites including City Chic, Sealed with a Kiss, and Sydney’s Closet.
- One Stop Plus – The name says it all. OneStopPlus delivers you a huge selection on plus size clothing available online. Browse all your favorite brands from one place. What the site lacks in navigation, it makes up for in vast selection.
What’s underneath the clothes is as important as fashion itself. Here are a few sites that cater to full figures.
- Full Beauty – This extensive site features a plus size lingerie collection of bras, panties, sleepwear, shapewear, and more, in bra sizes 32-58, cup sizes A-N.
- Hips and Curves – We all know that curvy is sexy and this site lets you work out! With flirty panties, racy lingerie, and fun costumes too!
There’s still something luxurious and fabulous about department store shopping. Skip the perfume section and head right to the curve-friendly sizes at these classic department stores.
- Macy’s – offers a large selection of plus-size swimwear (up to a size 24W) and lingerie (bras go up to a 38M). If you’re looking for the latest trends, check out the dedicated Junior’s Plus Size section.
- Nordstrom – Department stores offer a wide selection of merchandise and this is reflected in Nordstrom’s plus size section. Find everyday and dressy clothes up to 3X and 24W.
Sometimes you just need some new clothes stat. If it’s a new season, vacation coming up, or just some of those key trends, here’s where to find the deals.
- Old Navy – You won’t see most of these clothes in stores but that saves you time waiting in the dressing room line-up anyway. Old Navy’s plus-size section is exclusively on-line with a wide range of casual, wardrobe staples, and activewear up to size 30. It’s easy to order a range of items and sizes, try them on at home, and return them to the closest Old Navy or through the mail.
- Target – If you have the superpower that allows you to go to Target without buying a new item of clothing, share it with me! The house brands and special collections are both fabulous for us larger ladies and at the right price.
Have I missed any of your favorites? Let me know your must shop stores for curvy fashion!