Spring has officially sprung, even if there is the occasional snowy day. I’m looking forward to summer in so many and especially saying good-bye socks, hello sandals! With above average feet in length and width, many of the latest styles are too tight so I’ve sought out 5 cute pairs of sandals for wide feet. Whether you choose a bright color or nude neutral, these shoes go with skirts, dresses, and shorts to complete any summertime look.
Here are a few tips to make sure you’re stylish and comfortable. First, look for designs that don’t constrict the widest part of the foot. That eliminates many, many options so if any gladiator or other enclosed style sandals appeal to you, either look for a wide width or make sure the shoe is real leather so it will stretch. That should do it!
One last tip, if odor is an issue with wearing sandals in the heat, here’s what I learned from a few summers of wearing Toms. Before wearing shoes, buy some anti-odor insoles, preferably with charcoal. Make sure that they are slim and not sticky so they can be removed and replaced when they stop working. For ultra flat shoes, these also provide some additional cushioning.
- Salt Water Sandals – These have been hugely popular for adults and kids for the last few summers. Some moms like to match their kids or just enjoy being a kid again in this cute, comfortable, and durable shoes.
- Comfortview Ellie Fringe Sandal – How adorable are these moccasin-inspired sandals? They come in wide and double wide as well as cognac, natural, and black shades.
- Merona Esma Braided Sandals – These cute shoes get almost 5 star reviews and are confirmed to fit wide feet. Get them in a range of neutral colors to match every summer outfit.
- Franco Sarto Venezia – Inspired by the traditional Spanish avarca, this a refined Italian version. I love sandals that cover the toe and heel so I can feel comfortable even without a pedicure. They come in 6 colors including black, white, 2 naturals, gold, and this “seagrove”
- LifeStride Yolder – These shoes combine comfort and style with bungee laces and small wedge heel that is formal enough work and cute enough anything else.
Honorable mention goes to the Crocs Sexi Flip.I know, a great looking Croc is a shocker but it’s true! There’s finally some style to go with all that comfort. There’s nothing in this thong desing that will compress a wide foot, just make sure they don’t hang over the side of the shoe.