Being pregnant is not time to give up comfort or sacrifice style. While much of your wardrobe may be able to accommodate your changing shape (check out how the always fabulous Girl with Curves wore her existing wardrobe throughout her pregnancy), it’s fun to select a few pieces made for maternity silhouettes. There are more options out there for cute plus size maternity clothes than ever before!
A few shapes emphasize that baby bump rather than existing curves. Look for tunics, tailored tops and blouses, or maxi dresses that add a hint of definition to the waist and then have lots of roomy fabric to float over the belly. Pair them with your favorite pants plus a tummy sleeve or invest in a maternity pair. Here are some of our favorite outfits plus the best stores to shop for pregnancy clothes when you already have curves.
- Maternity Sleeveless Drape-Front Print Top – Or for a cotton version try this pintucked tunic.
- Maternity Old Navy Active Roll-Panel Yoga Capris – This is no time to give up those comfy yoga pants!
- Tye Dye Top – Look for tanks, tees, and tops that float away from the stomach.
- Liz Lange Maternity Sleeveless Pleated Maxi Dress – Up to XXL or size 18.
- Neon-Trimmed Floral Tunic – Too cute!
- Wallflower Secret Fit Belly Flap Pocket Boot Cut Maternity Jeans – For colder climates, comfortable jeans you can live in are a must.
They’re not depicted above but maternity bras are a must buy, especially if you’re already have ample assets. Most women start filling out up top even if they never have before. Help your posture and get extra support with a nursing bra that will also be useful while breastfeeding.
There are not tons of stores out there catering to plus size pregnant women but there are a few good ones. Check out:
Destination Maternity – This maternity destination has a great range of everything you’ll need to get through pregnancy and nursing.
Simply Be – This UK-based plus size store has a fashionable selection of all clothes, especially maternity. They ship to the USA and offer free shipping for orders over $75.oo.
Target – For women up to XXL or size 18, enjoy Target’s fashion forward and budget friendly offerings.
Old Navy – As always, for basics, work out clothes, and a few trendy items, this is always the place to stock up. Check out their maternity section for clothes that fit up to XXL.