This is no April Fools. There is such a thing as fabulous, flattering skinny jeans that you will love, at any size! Skinny jeans can be your friend or enemy, it all depends on the particular pair. But we’ve all learned from What Not to Wear that wearing baggy clothes only adds the appearance of pounds. So take them away with the perfect body-hugging skinnies!
The best skinny jeans for curves have a mid to high rise that contains the muffins and slims the tummy. Also, look for a super versatile dark wash that goes with everything and is even more slimming than basic black. The last key to that perfect fit is length. Find a pant that hits right at the ankle and looks great with flats, sandals, boots, and even heels.
Check out these 5 best plus size skinny jeans plus a few honorable mentions! Every body is different so some of these will work better for you than others but these are the most curve flattering brands we’ve found. If you have any recommendations that have worked for you, let us now!
- City Chic Women’s Zip Me Skinny Jeans – With 2% Spandex, these super skinnies hug curves without being too tight. City Chic only uses high quality fabrics in their curve-centric designs. Contrasting stitching is extra flattering for the derriere and adds a modern finish.
- NYDJ ‘Sheri’ Stretch Skinny Jeans – Not Your Daughter’s Jeans is the original slimming jean brand and promises to make you look and feel a size smaller. Whether that’s true or not, they do make a great pair of jeans with contrast stitching designed to slim and lift-tuck technology to flatten the tummy and lift the rear. Even better, these jeans are super soft and comfy.
- The Limited Slim Boyfriend Jeans – One of the latest trends is boyfriends styles. While many of the jeans are too baggy, low in the crotch, and distressed, the Limited has found the fine balance between feminine form and menswear influence. The slim boyfriend jeans have relaxed fit and style that’s perfect for casual weekends, errands, and staying comfortable.
- Torrid Black Skinny Jeans – Torrid is one of the best places to find the latest trends in plus sizes, like these skinnies. The soft denim with just enough stretch, these sleek jeans are the perfect combination of comfort and style. Get them in black for work or a dark rinse. Tall and extra short lengths are also available so no hemming!
- GAP 1969 always skinny jeans – The GAP is always a great source of affordable and on trend jeans. These skinnies don’t disappoint and are especially flattering for women with curves. The dark wash is the most flattering but they come in many colors, including the perfect for summer cuffed version (if they don’t make you look stumpy like me) and retro blue Riverside Wash. They also come in tall and petite lengths.
Honorable mention goes to Old Navy Rockstar Jeans which come in this totally cool rocker chic in a black coated wash. Or if you’re into the ultra comfort of plus size jeggings, check out these great fit and value from Target.